Brian Negus – President, ITS Australia
General Manager Public Policy RACV
Brian is the President of ITS Australia and represents ITS Australia on the ITS World Congress Board of Directors. He was elected to the ITS Australia Board at the 2007 AGM and brings over 40 years of Government and private sector transport experience to these roles.
Brian is General Manager Public Policy for the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Ltd and is responsible for preparing transport policies and proposals to improve road and public transport operations, road safety, road user behaviour, vehicle safety and the sustainability of motoring. These proposals are promoted to Governments and stakeholders on behalf of RACV’s two million members.
Brian draws on senior management experience from his former positions as Deputy Director of Public Transport in Victoria, Regional Director at VicRoads, General Manager of Port Planning at the Melbourne Port Corporation and First Assistant Secretary Roads & Ports at the Victorian Department of Transport.
The application of Intelligent Transport Systems to improve roads, public transport, vehicle and pedestrian safety and sustainability of motoring are a particular focus of Brian’s interests. As a Board member of ITSA Brian has been active in the preparation of the national strategy for ITS, the creation of the National Awards for ITS and the ITSA Business Plan. He has also been instrumental in fostering ITSA involvement in the Asia Pacific region and more widely across Europe and America.
Brian has a keen interest in initiatives and programs to support community services and improve well being in society. He has been a member of the Rotary Club of Templestowe since 1985 and served as Club President and Chair of the District Community Services Committee.
The ITS Australia Board consists of not more than 15 elected individuals from ITS Membership organisations across industry Government and Academia Australia wide. Each of whom hold office for a period of 2 years. An election for ITS Australia Directors is held in November at the Annual General Meeting.
- Mr Brian Negus (RACV) – President
- Mr Dean Zabrieszach (HMI Technologies) – Vice President
- Mr Bill Advic (Eastlink)
- Dr Dale Andrea (VicRoads)
- Mr Gino Dompietro (Jacobs Group)
- Mr John Hawkins (Visionstream)
- Mr James Hurnall (FCAI)
- Mr Mark Jackman (Bosch Australia)
- Mr Chris Koniditsiotis (Transport Certification Australia Limited)
- Mr Andrew Mehaffey (Roads and Maritime Services)
- Mr Jeremy Nassau (Transurban)
- Mr Soren Tellegen (Kapsch TrafficCom in Australia/New Zealand)
- Mr Dirk Van de Meerssche (Cubic)
- Mr Dennis Walsh (Department of Main Roads, Queensland)
- Mr Michael Watts (Transmax)
Board members current as at November 2016
- ITS Asia Pacific Board of Directors
- ITS World Congress Board of Directors
- World Congress International Program Committee (IPC)