Lend Lease’s infrastructure services business is a specialist engineering, construction and asset management contractor, connecting industries and communities with vital infrastructure. Comprising business units with operating histories of more than 60 years and employing around 3,500 people, the business supports public and private infrastructure asset owners across Australia and New Zealand.
Lend Lease is a market leader in the provision of road network, tolling and intelligent transport system maintenance in Australia, supporting assets in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia. The business is also a leader in tunnel operations, currently servicing the CLEM7, Gold Coast Airport, M2 and Graham Farmer Freeway tunnels.
ITS capabilities of the business include design installation and commissioning of new systems and upgrades for freeways, motorways, local roads, bridges and tunnels.
A recent major ITS project was the upgrade of control and safety systems at Sydney’s M5 East motorway and tunnel. The work involved the design, installation and commissioning of all hardware and software associated with the control system, as well as 87 new PTZ cameras.
The scope of the M5 East project included:
- Design, supply, installation, commissioning and maintenance of the PTZ system, which includes PTZ cameras, encoders, decoders, NVRs and a fibre communication backbone connected using layer 2 switches
- Integration of an existing video matrix switch with a new digital video matrix switch
- A video wall in the control room
- New control system servers
- New IO servers in the cross passages
- A new fibre backbone with new patch panels
- New distributed field IO processors
- An Automatic Video Incident Detection system
- A 24/7 breakdown maintenance service
For further information, visit www.lendlease.com/infrastructureservices