Infrastructure Victoria: Advice on automated and zero emission vehicle infrastructure
The Victorian Government has requested Infrastructure Victoria provide advice on the infrastructure required to enable the implementation of automated and zero emissions vehicles in Victoria.
Infrastructure Victoria has released a report outlining future scenarios for automated and zero emissions vehicles in Victoria.
The report outlines a series of future scenarios to help us test some of the uncertainties Victoria is facing. The seven possible scenarios that have been identified are:
- Electric avenue, a world where all cars are electric
- Private drive, a world where your car drives you
- Fleet-street, a world where no one owns their own car
- Hydrogen highway, a world where trucks lead a hydrogen revolution
- Slow lane, a world where man and machine meet on the road
- High speed, a world where driverless and electric cars arrive much sooner than we expect
- Dead end, a world where the hype never happened
Work is now underway to analyse and understand factors such as how and where we would charge or refuel our cars, or what kind of transport and ICT infrastructure might be required under each scenario.