Brian Negus – President, ITS Australia
Strategic Adviser, RACV
Brian is Strategic Adviser for the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) to advise on a broad range of public policy issues affecting the Victorian community.
Brian is an experienced professional and Board member with a demonstrated history of working in the public policy and advocacy industry, with skills in business planning and project feasibility studies, transport operations management, smart technology applications, project management, analytical skills, and Government and stakeholder relationship management.
Brian is the President of Intelligent Transport Systems Australia and he has been a Board member of ITS Australia for ten years. He is a Board Member of the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Tracksafe Foundation. Brian is also Chair of the CICA (Collaborative ITS) Group Board.
Brian brings over 40 years of Government and private sector transport experience to these roles which draws on his senior management positions as General Manager Public Policy, RACV, Deputy Director of Public Transport in Victoria, Regional Director at VicRoads and General Manager of Port Planning at the Melbourne Port Corporation. Brian graduated from RMIT University in Civil Engineering, the University of New South Wales in Transport Management and the Mt Eliza (Melbourne University) Business School.
Brian has a keen interest in initiatives and programs to support community services and improve well-being in society. He has been a member of the Rotary Club of Templestowe since 1985 and served as Club President, Assistant District Governor and Chair of the District Community Services Committee.
The ITS Australia Board consists of not more than 15 elected individuals from ITS Membership organisations across industry Government and Academia Australia wide. Each of whom hold office for a period of 2 years. An election for ITS Australia Directors is held in November at the Annual General Meeting.
- Mr Brian Negus (RACV) – President
- Mr Dean Zabrieszach (HMI Technologies) – Vice President
- Mr Bill Advic (Eastlink)
- Dr Dale Andrea (VicRoads)
- Mr Gino Dompietro (Jacobs Group)
- Mr Andrew Sheridan (Visionstream)
- Mr James Hurnall (FCAI)
- Mr Mark Jackman (Bosch Australia)
- Mr Chris Koniditsiotis (Transport Certification Australia Limited)
- Mr Jeremy Nassau (Transurban)
- Mr Soren Tellegen (Kapsch TrafficCom in Australia/New Zealand)
- Mr Dirk Van de Meerssche (Cubic)
- Mr Dennis Walsh (Department of Main Roads, Queensland)
- Mr Michael Watts (Transmax)
Board members current as at November 2016
- ITS Asia Pacific Board of Directors
- ITS World Congress Board of Directors
- World Congress International Program Committee (IPC)