Dean Zabrieszach – President, ITS Australia
CEO/Director HMI Technologies Australasia
Dean Zabrieszach was appointed to the position of CEO/Director of HMI Technologies in Australia in March 2015. Dean is:
- a Board Member of ITS Asia Pacific,
- a member of the World Congress International Program Committee,
- a Club Melbourne Ambassador,
- the Australian Head of Delegation and Convenor of Working Group 9 on the International Standards Organisation Technical Committee 204 (ISO TC 204) for Intelligent Transport Systems, and
- the Chair of Australian Standards Committee IT-023 for Intelligent Transport Systems.
The above activities require Dean to represent Australia at numerous national and international meetings and conferences on standards and intelligent transport systems.
Dean previously worked with VicRoads, the state road authority of Victoria, from 1984 to 2015, where he occupied a number of senior positions including Manager Program Development, Manager Maintenance Program, Manager Intelligent Transport Systems, Director Road User Services and Director Road Operations.
Dean has extensive experience in traffic management and security management, as well as the development of numerous road infrastructure projects in metropolitan Melbourne.
Dean played a leading role in developing the state’s traffic and transportation plans for major events such as the Melbourne Formula One Grand Prix, the Melbourne 500 cc/Moto Motorcycle Grand Prix and the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games, the deployment of numerous ITS solutions and the development of business cases for major infrastructure projects such as the Monash Freeway-CityLink-West Gate Freeway project, and Melbourne’s successful bid to host the 23rd ITS World Congress in 2016.
The ITS Australia Board consists of not more than 15 elected individuals from ITS Membership organisations across industry Government and Academia Australia wide. Each of whom hold office for a period of 2 years. An election for ITS Australia Directors is held in November at the Annual General Meeting.
- Dr Dale Andrea – VicRoads
- Mr Chen Cai – Data61 / CSIRO
- Mr Gino Dompietro – Jacobs Group
- Mr James Hurnall – Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries
- Mr Jeff McCarthy – Roads and Maritime Services
- Mr Jeremy Nassau – Transurban
- Mr Brian Negus – ITS Australia Ambassador / Chairman CICA Group
- Prof Majid Sarvi – University of Melbourne / Founder of AIMES
- Ms Silje Troseth – Q-Free Australia
- Mr Soren Tellegen – Kapsch TrafficCom Australia
- Mr Dirk Van de Meerssche – Cubic Transportation Systems
- Mr Dennis Walsh – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Mr Michael Watts – Transmax Pty Ltd
- Mr Chris Woods – Robert Bosch Australia (Replacing Mr Mark Jackman)
- Mr Dean Zabrieszach – HMI Technologies
Board members current as at November 2018
- ITS Asia Pacific Board of Directors
- ITS World Congress Board of Directors
- World Congress International Program Committee (IPC)