The legacy of the 2016 ITS World Congress continues to shape the industry in Australia and internationally.
Date: 10 – 14 October 2016
Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, VICTORIA Australia
Theme: ITS – Enhancing Liveable Cities and Communities
After five days of technical tours, demonstrations, exhibitions, plenary sessions and executive forums, the 23rd World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems was hailed as a huge success.
The Congress was the second largest international association conference ever to be held in Melbourne, the largest of its kind hosted in Australia in 2016 and brought benefits to the local economy of more than $25 million (AUD).
Themed ITS – Enhancing Liveable Cities and Communities, Melbourne – the World’s Most Liveable City for the 6th year running – didn’t disappoint, playing host to more than of 11,500 delegates from over 70 countries, who discussed public policy, innovation, technology and advancements in the transport technology space.
Coming together to look for solutions for a rapidly increasing population, and the technology advancements required to support it, Brian Negus, Chair of the World Congress Board of Directors and President of ITS Australia says he is immensely proud of the attendance and the outcomes of the 23rd World Congress, which was hosted in Australia for the first time in more than a decade. Click here to read full press release.
Key messages, themes, moments and memories of the 23rd World Congress have been captured in the Post Congress Report. Compiled by a team of expert ITS professionals (Rapporteurs) who fully understand the challenges and opportunities of the industry, the Post Congress Report is available to download below.
Go to full congress website: www.itsworldcongress2016.com
Closing Highlights Video
Selection of Press Releases
- ITS applauds Transurban for annual Diversity Award, Oct 2016
- Melbourne says goodbye to over 11,000 visitors who participated in the 23rd ITS World Congress, Oct 2016
- South Australia supercharges the development of liveable cities with $10m investment into Intelligent Transport systems, Oct 2016
- World Congress was covered on Channel 9 (28/9/2016) https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/780684841058643968A World first demonstration of C-ITS in Melbourne (Sept 2016)
- Celebrating ITS Success – The 2016 ITS Australia National Awards Shortlist Announced (Sept 2016)
- 2016 ITS World Congress University Student Essay winners announced (Sept 2016)
- ITS World Congress Hall of Fame Winners from Asia Pacific region (Sept 2016)
- Melbourne’s intelligent transport systems – a key contributor to a 6th World’s most liveable city title (August 2016)
- Michigan Mobility in Melbourne, Kirk Steudle, Director MDOT brings ITS experience to 2016 ITS World Congress (August 2016)
- Australian and international speakers added to the 2016 ITS World Congress program (July 2016)
- Esri Founder and President Jack Dangermond announced as keynote speaker for 2016 ITS World Congress in Melbourne (June 2016)
- ITS Australia hosts Technical Tours to showcase the world’s most liveable city (May 2016)
- Dean Zabrieszach Promotes ITS World Congress at the International Transport Forum 2016 Leipzig, Germany (May 2016)
- ITS Australia launches University competition to find future intelligent transport systems leaders (May 2016)
- Registrations now open for 2016 World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems in Melbourne (April 2016)
- Honda, TAC headline ITS World Congress as new International Draw cards are announced for Melbourne (March 2016)
- Call for Papers is officially open – Submit your entry for the 23rd ITS World Congress 2016 (December 2015)
- TCA announced as Official Demonstrations Partner of the 23rd ITS World Congress (30 June 2015)
- ITS Australia student scholarship initiative – winners to participate in the 23rd ITS World Congress (15 June 2015)
- Exhibition and demonstration applications open for 23rd ITS World Congress (13 Feb 2015)
- Highlights for Australia from the ITS World Congress High Level Policy Roundtable (19 Sep 2014)
- Message from the 2014 ITS World Congress – “enhancing human capability – not replacing the human” (19 Sep 2014)
- ITS Australia appoints MCI Australia for 2016 ITS World Congress (21 Nov 2013)
- ITS Australia appoints global ambassadors for 2016 ITS World Congress (21 Nov 2013)
- ITS Australia to host 23rd ITS World Congress 2016 in Melbourne (9 May 2013)
Content Capture and Congress Proceedings
The ITS2016 online content portal will give you quick, user-friendly 24/7 access to 200+ audio recordings synced with PowerPoint slides of plenary and concurrent ITS World Congress sessions post-event for a period of 12 months. Available complimentary for Full Time Delegates as included with the registration fee – all other delegates and non-attendees are able to purchase access.
Only available to Full Time Delegates are the congress proceedings and speaker slides by password access. These include all full papers as submitted and accepted to the Congress, speaker slides, as well as the Rapporteur’s Report. Congress Proceedings and slides are not available for sale – you must have attended the congress and been a registered Full Time Delegate to be provided access to this material.
Post congress reports